Destiny NeeSmith ‘21, is majoring in Nursing and minoring in Discipleship Studies. This academic combination has prepared her uniquely for serving others and spreading the gospel in places all across the world. From England to New York, Florida to Boiling Springs, the commonality between Destiny’s Top 5 Experiences is her servant leadership on and off campus.
1. Traveling to England with the Office of Christian Life and Service on a mission trip. Our school partnered with UK-USA missions to serve children in schools and local youth groups. England is a first world country and have everything they “need” but lack the Gospel. It was a life-changing experience and I am forever grateful for this opportunity.
2. Traveling to Disney World with Student Activities. Over spring break, Student Activities took a group of students to Disney World for a week of magic, fun, and leadership building. Not only did we get to visit each park, but we got the opportunity to participate in Disney’s College Leadership Institute. It was such a fun and unforgettable time!
3. Pancake Bingo. My favorite bi-annual event at Gardner Webb. At this event, students compete to win top-notch prizes while eating equally top-notch pancakes. Although I have never won, I always have the best time trying. My friends and I arrive at the cafeteria several hours early to get the best seats. Plus, Chief Johnson is the best Bingo host.
4. Traveling to New York City with Student Activities. Over fall break, Student Activities took a group of students to the Big Apple to explore and serve. While there, we got to help coordinate a 5k marathon as well as work in the Bowery Mission, one of the nation’s largest homeless shelters. I also got to see the Lion King on Broadway with one of my good friends. Service and fun made this trip the best of both worlds!
5. Serving as a Student Recruitment Ambassador (SRA) with Undergraduate Admissions. Through this experience, I have been able to share about all these experiences and more with people visiting campus! This leadership role gives me the opportunity to share my Bulldog pride and build connections with hundreds of people. Plus, it is incredibly fun!